Watch The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle putlocker
||IMDB Rating: 6.5/10 from N/A votes
||Release: 12 Mar 1981 /
||Genre: Comedy, Music, Musical
||Director: Julien Temple,
||Stars: Comedy, Music, Musical
||Synopsis: A rather incoherent post-breakup Sex Pistols documentary, told from the point of view of Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, whose (arguable) position is that the Sex Pistols in particular ...
Watch The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle Full Movie Online Putlocker : Refresh and/or Report if embed not workng. Scroll down for report button and links
Write a comment:
Watch The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle - Alternative Versions.
To this day, Malcolm McLaren is telling anyone daft enough to believe
him that the Sex Pistols were his idea and that the band members were
his puppets to be used to make him money. There is a good reason for
him doing this, namely that he is a liar.
Here are some real facts.
* McLaren was actually approached by the band to be manager, not the
other way round.
* The Pistols were a proper, organic band and not created by McLaren or
anyone else. Jones and Cook were childhood friends. Rotten and Vicious
went back a long way too. This is something that has led to unfair
criticism of the Pistols down the years as they have been likened to
manufactured boy bands.
* The band and no one else wrote the songs, recorded them, played live,
created the publicity and gave the interviews.
* McLaren did not instigate the Bill Grundy incident. The Pistols only
appeared on the programme because Queen had pulled out. According to
the band, McLaren was cowering in the back in case arrests were about
to be made.
* Johnny Rotten walked out of the band. He was not sacked.
* Far from outwitting the Sex Pistols, John Lydon (Rotten) actually
successfully sued him in the 1980s for control and a considerable sum
of money. Some of the evidence used by Lydon's lawyers was from
McLaren's boasting in 'The Great Rock & Roll Swindle'. This would
suggest that McLaren is none too bright despite his affectations.
* The sackings and subsequent pay offs from A & M and EMI were, again,
not engineered, it was merely the way things panned out.
* McLaren boasts about the money he made from the band. If he had been
competent, he could have made a great deal more. It seems he coudn't
even organise gigs properly.
* McLaren's claim at the start of the film that he invented punk rock
can be disproved in about ten seconds. The Pistols were not the first
punk band, merely the most high profile.
This is a terrible film. The only parts worth watching are the genuine
footage of the band, later put to much better use in 'The Filth And The
Tags for The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle Full Movie
You Might Like...